Total Pageviews

Sunday 2 August 2020

Bit More progress With The Milk Train


Just a few photos showing the progress on the milk train. 2 wagons have their roofs fitted and now need their chassis fixed and painted and couplings. The flat wagon with tractor is a scratch built flat to no particular plan. All other wagons have been body kits from the internet. 2 more to be built over the next few days which will see the train complete. It is posed on my old photo diorama which is a bit scruffy after about 12 years of use, a couple of photos included. Annie, No4, is in charge and just about to leave Castell Bronwen. I think the train with 2 more vans will be about the right size for the perishables train.





 
Another Couple of Weeks - It started with a Milk Wagon

        As I said last time I was building a 422 Milk Van (available on Fleabay). The history of my fictitious line has been amended so that when the Act of Parliament was issued an amendment was added ensuring that Redic Iron and Steel would operate both goods and passenger trains between Bridgwater and Holford (the 2 termini). The milk train runs from Holford to Bridgwater just after 16:00 and picks up churns at all stations and several wayside points. The load can vary and as many as 4 covered wagons can be marshalled. The empties are returned at 07:00 the next day. Annie is the usual choice of loco. 
        
So wagons have sprouted and 46 and 47 have been almost completed (47 is a Milk Van and 46 an ordinary van). Brake B6 is awaiting glazing and a roof and another milk van and a luggage van are waiting to be started. I have just built a flat wagon for carrying farm machines and it currently has a new 1949 tractor loaded. I have tried to portray these wagons as a bit scruffy because the Steel works finds it difficult to make a profit so maintenance is not a high priority. Must get the layout wired so this train can be shown off. The 3D printer is busy making chassis.






Hello Again,
            I have been unable to write for about 4 weeks. Suffice to say that fixing cancer is a hard and rocky road but I am progressing. I am feeling better and am modelling again, but only slowly.
            Firstly I had a bit of good luck when I noticed a Bachmann Spectrum (0N-30) 16 Ton Shay on that well known auction site. It was marked as spares or repair and DCC Ready. The advert said many parts were missing but it ran well. I already have one Shay waiting to be converted to the Bilston Shay (difficult to convert a Class A to a Class C). However I decided that a scruffy one would make a good source of spares. It was listed as £30 Buy it Now so I pressed the button and was told if I used a voucher I would get £10 off. I pressed another button and a £20 Shay duly arrived. What a bargain it works well and most broken bits have been re-glued. Here is a photo of it resprayed and waiting a small repair to a drive shaft and a new oil fuel tank.

           Next I noticed 422 was advertising a freelance milk wagon as the last of their variations on their long wheelbase wagon. I loved it so ordered one. I have built the body and hand painted it using Lifecolour Acrylic. A joy to use giving a smooth matte coat after 2 coats. I have also snapped up another variation to build as a brake van.

         
           
  Looking forward to Sunday when our 0 gauge club reopens the running days and will be running in my Dapol 14XX (oooppps wrong track gauge).



Hi There,
        Just a short note to say I have been quite poorly for the last few weeks so no work carried out. It appears that the immunotherapy which keeps my cancer at bay has knocked out my adrenal glands. I should be back to rights soon. Sorry for the lack of info but nothing has happened. Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment