Total Pageviews

Friday 19 June 2020

Bagnall 2544

Bagnall Meyer Nears Completion

Work has continued in getting 2544 finished. This morning she has been sprayed and now the brasswork is being added. She now needs some black paint, the cab roof finished and the cab interior done.
I have lubricated all the various shafts that power the 2 bogies and now she runs very well. Here is a little video of her running.

Well 2544, 'Leviathan' is all but finished. She needs crew, windows, coal and works plate and nameplates.
This will be done over the next few weeks with the nameplates (Narrow Planet) being the last items as they have to be etched. She has been varnished, lightly weathered using weathering powders and varnished again. I use Games Workshop Purity Spray, now called protection varnish I think. The weathering has been aimed at being in service for a few weeks. Very little gloss and brightness but no dirt yet. I am really pleased with the bufferbeams that are pin stripe lining tape. Goes over rivets well and sticks down well. I am waiting on some parts for the crane tank but have the motors
for the crane. I was thinking of DCC for this one to enable the crane to work. We shall see. Leviathan is posed on my photo diorama complete with the salvaged coach which was once a tram car.




No comments:

Post a Comment